Another month has been and gone, and now there are only 20 Friday’s left until Christmas… Mwahahaha. Sorry, not sorry. Anyways, lets get on with the monthly round up!
As I predicted last month, there were plenty of purchases! The majority of the books came from charity shops though, which meant guilt-free cheap books for me, and a good deed or two into the bargain (photo to follow!)
I also signed up to the #otspsecretsister project, which is currently in Round 3, but it’s the first time it’s ever been done in the UK. My Secret Sister got me a beautiful hardback copy of Uprooted, which I’m around halfway through and really enjoying. You can find out more about otspsecretsister here, or stalk our tweets! Catching up on them is addictive, and it’s making me feel good already!
Movies and TV Shows:
Movies and TV Shows have definitely taken a back seat this month, possibly because I’ve started going to the gym, and I’m sticking with it (…so far!). Anyone who knows me will know this is a BIG deal. At the minute I go three times a week, so the only thing I’ve been watching lately is The Originals on NetFlix. Oh, and I LOVED Married At First Sight UK when it aired.
Wrappin’ It Up!
- Emily @ Books and Cleverness asks how do you bloggers read so much?
- Estelle @ Rather Be Reading fangirls over Trish Doller (and makes me want to read ALL the books)
- Sandra @ Tea Between Books wonders if favourite book = favourite author
- Cait @ Paper Fury explains why rating books can be ridiculously hard, wonders how much disagreement is welcome, and asks can your TBR pile be too big?
- Brittany @ The Book Addict’s Guide shares 51 statements bookworms can agree with and 17 books to give you a book hangover
- Becky @ A Fool’s Ingenuity tells us how blogging has changed her, and asks what makes you buy the books you do
- Shannon A Thompson wonders if we can stop hating on EL James and Stephanie Meyer?
- Dana @ The Unprinted Protagonist shares what to do when your ‘ship gets wrecked
- Alicia @ Kernels of Nonsense talks about discontinuing a series and perfect heroes
- Trish @ Between My Lines asks thee question: why do you read?
- Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner shared a very personal post called In Memory Of
- Christina @ A Reader of Fictions tells us surprising things about adulthood
- Claire @ Cover to Cover lets us know how we can tell we’ve found a new favourite book
- Hannah @ So Obsessed With shared a lovely post about her relationship
- ACOTAR and A Darker Shade of Magic phone and computer screensavers
- Stephanie @ Bibliophile Gathering talks gendered reading
As always, I’m linking to the latest Oh, The Books! weekly recap post so you can find more amazing things to read!
In Case You Missed It:
My most popular posts in July (except for TTT posts) were my review for All The Light We Cannot See, my BookTubing vs. Book Blogging discussion, and the interview with the cover designer for the new Bloomsbury Harry Potter covers.
How was your July? Talk to me in the comments!