We have reached the halfway point of 2015! WUT?! I feel a little like I’m back in the groove with reading and blogging, so lets see what I got up to this month…
No purchases this month (that I can remember). Yus! After last month’s haul, I really didn’t need anything else to add to my shelves. Which likely means there will be purchases next month… 😉
Movies and TV Shows:
This was the month of movies! I took a free trial of Amazon Prime, which included access to unlimited Prime Movies. So I watched Whiplash, Unthinkable, Non-Stop, Zero Dark Thirty, Taken 3, and The Lucky One. My sister recommended Whiplash, it was definitely… different, but enjoyable. Thrillers were clearly the theme for this month! And it was very weird to see Chapman from Orange is the New Black in a romantic lead role with Zac Efron!
Wrappin’ It Up!
- Joy @ Joyous Reads asks where have all her bookmarks gone?
- Tara @ The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh! got critical about theme, and tells us why she doesn’t want to write a novel
- Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner explains why she’s not too old for YA
- Rinn @ Rinn Reads explains why she doesn’t do blog tours anymore, asks do we really need “strong women”?
- Lindsey @ Bring My Books updates us on her 2015 blogging resolutions
- Kimberley @ Stacked asks how do you organise your books?
- Asti @ Oh, The Books! tells us it’s OK to adapt to changes in how we blog
- Ceilidh @ Bibliodaze asks what’s next for E L James?
- Kayla @ The Thousand Lives talks about book amnesia
- Trish @ Between My Lines talks about realism in fiction, and asks why do you read?
- Cait @ Paper Fury explains why she always finishes books
- Kira @ Sorry Television wrote a great piece on E L James and Grey
- Kat @ Cuddlebuggery shares how to get your hands on ARCs (with dinosaurs!)
- Alicia @ Kernels of Nonsense talks about perfect hereos
As always, I’m linking to the latest Oh, The Books! weekly recap post so you can find more amazing things to read!
In Case You Missed It:
This month I read and reviewed Ordinary Beauty (4/5), Confess (4.5/5), Slammed (5/5), and Nowhere But Here (3.5/5). I have read more than this, but I need to get some time to write up the reviews, and then cross-post too.
This month I also interviewed Catherine Linka, author of A Girl Called Fearless and A Girl Undone, including a giveaway for an eBook copy of A Girl Called Fearless. Discussion-wise, I asked if you ever get overwhelmed by it all, and wrote So. Much. Yes, which one kind reader described as being about women, feminism and books. I know in last month’s wrap-up I talked about a new feature releasing in June – fear not! It is on it’s way!
How was your June? Talk to me in the comments!