I’ve been nominated by Erin at Raised Reading for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
Here are the rules for the award:
- Thank and link the amazing person who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
- Optional: Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you.
Seven Facts About Me:
I always find these so tricky to do – picking seven facts about myself that others might find even remotely interesting… OK, here we go…
- I’m completely addicted to the colour purple (the colour, not the book). I’ve loved it since I was little, though back then I loved lilac and these days I love aubergine. I’ve always hated the colour pink.
- I studied Public Relations, Advertising and Marketing at University and always assumed I’d end up working for an advertising agency in the city. My career and life has panned out so much differently than I imagined back then! But I’m completely in love with the path that it’s taken.
- I’m definitely a Christmas person. Now, that doesn’t mean I appreciate Christmas-themed television adverts starting at the end of August, what it does mean is that I love the smell of Christmas in the air, I love giving people gifts as a gesture of how much I love them, I love all of the festivities (and drinks!), and I love the wind-down, when you take time off work and just relax towards the end of another year.
- I’m addicted to the smell of cinnamon. I adore cinnamon.
- I have bookish-OCD and I’m a bit of a perfectionist. I like my Goodreads covers to match the edition of the book I’ve actually read, and I generally like to make sure things are very organised. My media library in WordPress is all named correctly too. It stresses me out sometimes.
- Speaking of Goodreads, I recently sorted through my Want to Read shelf, and created new shelves to separate my wish-list reads, from the books I actually own and have yet to read. According to Goodreads I currently own 134 unread books… I’m working on it…
- I think I’m going to be an eternal student. I graduated in 2012 and work full-time, but I’m always either on a course or looking for the next one to do. I completed a post-grad diploma in 2013, and I’m in the middle of another one now. I’m lucky that my employer supports my need to learn.
Who I’m Nominating:
- Aimee at What Aimee Read Next
- Amanda at Book Badger
- Stefani at Caught Read Handed
- Selah at A Bibliophile’s Style
- Hayley at Books are Delicious
- Laura @ She Loves to Read
- Leah @ Uncorked Thoughts
- Stormy @ Book. Blog. Bake
- Brandie @ Brandie is a Book Junkie
- Tara @ The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh!
- Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm
- Ula @ Blog of Erised
- Quinn @ Quinn’s Book Nook
- Belinda @ Bookarahma
I know some of these blogs may be award-free zones, but I wanted to nominate you for it anyways! Or, if you have already been nominated for this award, feel free to leave a link to your post in the comments!
Aww thanks for tne nom! 🙂 I’ll pass as I don’t do the awards, but I appreciate it nevertheless 🙂
I love cinnamon as well, soooo good! Christmas is awesome to me as well, though I am not so much a winter person as I am autumn person 🙂 Love me some sunny crisp colorful days 🙂
As for GR and unread books, I don’t even want to check that list. 😀
I knew some blogs were award free, but I still wanted to give you guys the recognition 🙂 You just can’t beat a big cinnamon bun, a tea/coffee and a good book!! Lol haha I was dreading putting that list together, while it is big (I aim to read 52 books per year, so my current unread-but-I-own-it pile should take me at least 2 years!), it isn’t as big as I thought it would be!! Lol R x
[…] been nominated by the very lovely Rachel at Confessions of a Book Geek for the The Very Inspiring Blogger […]
Thank you! 😀
#s 1, 3, and 5 – are we the same person? Seriously, it’s frustrating when my Goodreads edition doesn’t match the physical book I read. Even worse is when it DOES match, but the page count is wrong (so annoying when I’m actually reading the book and updating my progress).
Here’s a link to my post:
Haha!! I’m glad I’m not the only one this happens to! Oh, no. I’ve never checked the page numbers before! I’ve just took it for granted that they’re correct. Aw great, now I’m going to have to obsessively check those too!! Lol R x
Congrats on your award, from a fellow purple freak…..;)
Haha, thanks! R x
Thanks for nominating me! I will probably not participate as I don’t really do that thing.
Also, I LOVE THE SMELL OF CINNAMON TOO!
All the cinnamon fans today! All this talk of cinnamon has made me crave a hot chocolate with it sprinkled on top… is it winter yet?!
Congrats on your award. I love purple too, it’s def one of my favourite colours but I have to admit to a fondness for pink too, oh and red. All the bright colours really!
I’m OCDish about lots of book things, like making sure a book I get is on my tbr spreadsheet but the GR cover not so much. I just choose the one I like best no matter what edition it is.
And I’m not really a Christmas person but I telling myself that I love it and somehow that means I do actually enjoy it more! It’s a bit of reverse psychology but it works. And I DO like the presses, the giving and the receiving!
Thanks, Trish! Oh, you have a TBR spreadsheet? I’ve been debating doing one of those. I’ve seen some other people’s but some of them are super detailed, like crazy detailed, and I get a bit confuddled over why I wanted one in the first place when I attempt one! I think with Christmas, I just love the time off work, all that reading cosied up by a fire!! R x
Are we long lost sisters?! I’m obsessed with the smell of cinnamon. I have it in my burners all year round, regardless of season. 😉 I’m just as OCD about my Goodreads list and keeping it organized. I keep a wish list for everything I don’t own yet and I clean off books I know I’ll never read a few times a year.
Purple was my favorite color growing up and still is! But I do like pink too. 😉
Thanks for the nomination!
Haha!! We could be!! I burn cinnamon candles all year round too, and I LOVE cinnamon lozenges. As you can imagine all my folders on the computer are organised too, when our IT guys were in work doing a server change over they commented on how neat and tidy my folders were compared to everyone else’s. Gold star for me that day lol I have some sort of aversion to pink, it must stem from hating the female stereotype, but I’ve just never been able to get on with it!
No probs, looking forward to your post! (Are you doing one??Lol) R x
You would hate the hoodie I’m wearing right now – it’s pink and grey. LOL.
I will try to do up a post for it soon. September is a super busy month…I’m barely finding time to read. 😦
Ahhh. But I do love a hoodie 🙂 lol Don’t worry about when you get it up – reading comes first 😉
[…] was nominated for The Very Inspiring Blogger Award, shared an excerpt from Katie McGarry’s new book Take Me On (with a giveaway), I’m […]