So, my reading is still going along nicely, but my blogging is a little dippy… I’ve been busy with work, but I’m fully planning lots of scheduling this weekend! Let’s do it! A fab development last month (no, not just my Birthday!), was me getting my first physical review copies direct from the publisher (thanks, Walker Books!). It honestly feels like such an achievement, and as someone who prefers physical books to eBooks, I’m quite excited (sorry, NetGalley!).
This month I received Illuminae from my new #OTSPSecretSister. The storytelling method is SUCH a different concept for me, and I’m so curious to read it!
I’ve pre-ordered Harry Potter and The Cursed Child (the rehearsal edition – and I will be getting the final edition too…). I’m SO excited for it, but I can’t help but wish it was a novel rather than a play…
My Amazon order came in! I got Nice Girls (Still) Don’t Get The Corner Office (you know I love me some professional development!), Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell (HUGE but I’ve heard such great things), Zeroes (sounds like XMen, I’m sold!), Brooklyn (because I have a “thing” about reading the book before seeing the movie), Yes Please and Second Chance Summer. I basically checked out which books I’ve been thinking about getting and ranked them with price lowest first. I managed to get books that are rarely cheap for great prices!
My TBR pile has now literally reached EPIC proportions! I’m putting myself on a kind-of-book-buying-ban until I can get some of these bad boys read!
Movies and TV Shows:
I’m still watching Shadowhunters every week with the fab Dani @ Dani Reviews Things. Netflix also put up Seasons 1-8 of The Big Bang Theory. Ahhhh… Yep, that’s why I haven’t been blogging so much. I got to Season 4 in a week. I’m currently half-way through Season 8.
Wrappin’ It Up!
- Becky @ A Fool’s Ingenuity wonders do you wish you could re-review books?
- Alyssa @ Book Club Babe shares ten bookish things she gives major side-eye
- Amber @ Books of Amber tells us why she doesn’t buy books from Amazon
- Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm rants about rating a book before you’ve read it
- Ceilidh @ Bibliodaze discusses the one star protest, things romance readers are tired of hearing and the difficulty distinguishing art from artist
- Author Shannon A Thompson shares her views on Fandoms versus Mobs
- Lauren @ Bookmark Lit shares her Goodreads organisational tips
- Brandie @ Brandie is a Book Junkie got me super motivated with it’s not easy but it’s worth it
- Dani @ Dani Reviews Things created some fab Spotify playlists
- Ana @ Read Me Away shares her love for old books
- Nuzaifa @ Book Contessa talks diversity in books in a whole new light
- Megz @ Bare Foot Whispers explains why patients don’t want exhausted doctors
In Case You Missed It:
Also this month, I posted permanent Discount Codes that are exclusive to Confessions of a Book Geek readers, and wrote two posts about life Before Blogging and After Blogging, Is Bigger Better? and Is Bigger Better? Part 2. I’m going to do more posts this month about BB and AB.
My most popular post/page in February was my Bookish and Blogging Resolutions for 2016.
How is your 2016 going so far? Let me know what you’ve been up to!