I recently posted about how much I spent on books in 2014, and as a result, I’m trying to be an even more frugal spender in 2015. Not because I feel I spent too much in 2014 (I was very proud of myself, actually!), but because I now own too many unread books!
First up, the lovely Stef @ Caught Read Handed gifted me The Raven Boys and The Dream Thieves, and I’m so excited to get to them because everyone seems to have amazing things to say about this series!
I picked up The Silent Sister, The Miniaturist, Station Eleven and The Silkworm at my local Tesco store when doing my grocery shop. Because I am that person who goes to buy food and comes home with books.
Finally, when Never Never was released, I was straight on it, read it in a day and posted a joint review with Brandie from Brandie is a Book Junkie and Stef from Caught Read Handed. I can’t wait until May for Part 2 to be released!!
Movies and TV Shows:
I re-watched all of The Tudors while revising for my exam in January. I’m hopeful that I’ll pass it, just. It was literally the hardest exam I’ve ever done. I missed out on seeing loads of movies I was looking forward to in the cinema, so I’m (im)patiently waiting for them to come out on DVD. I did watch Maleficent this month though, and it was pretty amazing!
Wrappin’ It Up!
Posts I Bookmarked:
- Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner wrote a personal post inspired by a book on enjoying life for what it is
- Jolien @ The Fictional Reader wrote a great post on book blogger guilt (come on, we’ve all been there!)
- Ceilidhann @ Bibliodaze posted amazing pieces on The Economics of Book Blogging, the politics of crowdfunding and wrote an enlightening piece called Are Big Money Advances Worth It?
- Stefani @ Caught Read Handed explains why she doesn’t want you to tell her to calm down and wrote a beautiful piece to kick off her year of happy!
- Joy @ Joyous Reads talks TBR piles and reviewing older books
- Backlist Books asks when are you well-read?
- Nereyda @ Mostly YA Book Obsessed shared her views on love triangles and double standards
- Ashley @ Nose Graze shares that she feels like a fake adult and asks how much of an obligation do book bloggers have?
- Danielle @ Love at First Page wants to find out what type of a reader you are (spoilers edition)
As always, I’m linking to the latest Oh, The Books! weekly recap post so you can find more amazing things to read!
In Case You Missed It:
I’ve been reading and reviewing like crazy in January! Not sure what has gotten into me but I hope it lasts! Check out my reviews of The Rosie Effect (3/5), Before I Go (4/5), Never Never (4.5/5), Bad Feminist (4.5/5), Who R U Really? (3/5) and Heir of Fire (4.5/5). I still have a few reviews to finish up before I can post them. January was a good month!
This month I also interviewed the author of Before I Go, Colleen Oakley, took part in the TBR Tag, reviewed my reviews, discussed buying books as cheap as possible, and asked you how much do you spend on books?
It’s my birthday on the 24th of February, so look out for a giveaway or two on the blog to celebrate with me! And it’s my 1 year blogoversary in March (WUT?!) so I’ll be doing something for it too. Exciting stuff. What isn’t so exciting though is that I might be moving house soon, unexpectedly. I’m going to try and not let it affect my blogging/life too much though. Fingers crossed. How has the start of your 2015 been?