First up, the wonderful Stefani @ Caught Read Handed spoiled me for Belle’s EBE. I was the only UK blogger to take part, and it was a fabulous experience! I’ll be saving some pennies so I can do it again in 2015 as well as a few other exchanges! I would highly recommend more UK bloggers take part!
Then, my fabulous sister only went and got me a signed and personalised US edition of Maybe Someday by my favourite, Colleen Hoover, for Christmas! So few people in my real life understood the significance of this! I wanted someone, anyone, to scream and fangirl with me! Having seen the US cover in real life now too, we really are cheated with the UK covers, come on Simon & Schuster!! Give the Book Geeks what they want! I’m so hoping we get the released covers of Confess and Never Never, if not I will be buying the US versions on Book Depository, even if I have to wait longer to get them.
I was buying some books for friends and family as Christmas presents when I stumbled upon a couple of amazing deals I just couldn’t pass up… I got my hands on a hardcopy of The 5th Wave for just 81p(!), a hardcopy of Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult for £3.24, and a 10 book set by Harlan Coben for just £4.86, all with free shipping!
Movies and TV Shows:
Aside from watching lots of Christmas favourites like Mary Poppins, The Santa Clause and Home Alone, the only thing I can think of that I watched this month is David Attenborough documentaries. I know, I know. My sister and I have become obsessed with them (particularly watching Mountain Gorillas!) and spent hours watching the Life Story series. It’s emotional, it’s gruesome and it’s hilarious, all at once.
Wrappin’ It Up!
Posts I Bookmarked:
- Jackie @ She Reads, She Blogs did a great post on how to get your hands on signed books!
- Novel Novice wrote a fun piece called 5 pet peeves about books and publishing
- Maggie @ Just a Couple More Page did an annual wrap-up with a difference!
- Gaby & Lisa @ Bookish Broads did a fab post called I’m an Adult?
- Dana @ The Nerdy Journalist wrote a piece that hit home with me – I’m Terrified of People I Know in Real Life Finding My Blog
- Stephanie @ The Paper Hearts posted a discussion called The Seasonal Blogger and Misconceptions, which will strike a chord with everyone!
- Joy @ Joyous Reads did a post on Ten Things No One Should Know About Her
- The discovery that Zoella’s book was ghostwritten has caused quite a stir, Amber @ The Mile Long Bookshelf wrote about why that didn’t matter to her and Ashley @ Nose Graze argued that contrary to popular belief, Zoella did not out-sell JK Rowling
- Hannah @ So Obsessed With did an amazing job of recommending Fantasy reads!
- Joy @ Joyous Reads asks us not to judge her by the stars she gives
- Charnell @ Reviews From A Bookworm discusses Paperbacks Vs Hardbacks
- Amanda @ Book Badger discusses deal-finding when buying books
As always, I’m linking to the latest Oh, The Books! weekly recap post so you can find more amazing things to read!
In Case You Missed It:
I only reviewed one book in December. One! December was super busy for me, but I’ve already kicked 2015 off with a bang having finished Heir of Fire. Review to follow soon! Check out my review of Crown of Midnight (5/5).
Top Ten Tuesday – Top Ten Books I’m Excited For In 2015 – Top Ten Authors New To Me In 2014 – Top Ten Favourite Books of 2014 – Top Ten Books On My Xmas Wishlist – Top Ten Blogging and Bookish Resolutions 2014
This month I also interviewed author Iris St. Clair, took part in the Bout This Blogger Tag, signed up to the Reread Challenge for 2015, was tagged for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, and answered 20 questions on things (you probably didn’t know) about me. I also completed my very first End of Year Survey!
My most popular post in December (except for TTT posts) was my interview with Iris St. Clair! Also, don’t forget many of the discounts in my Exclusive Bookish Gift Discounts post are valid until the end of January 2015!
I’m looking forward to a great (and full) blogging year in 2015, with lots of reading and posting! Wish me luck! What did you get up to this month?