Books I Bought:
I had a bad book-buying month, in the sense that I bought books when I’m supposed to be trying to reduce my TBR, but I had a good book buying month because I got lots of lovely new books very cheap! 😀 (For full disclosure, I should also let you know that after writing that sentence I bought a few more. It was Black Friday. It would have been a crime not to at these prices!).
The Scott Westerfield Collection – I haven’t read anything by this popular author, and I know that there have been mixed reviews for the Uglies series, but the four books were on offer for £6.99 and I love the premise of these novels.
Maze Runner Collection – I know, I can’t believe I haven’t read these yet either. I’m impossibly behind on all of the book-to-movie adaptations I wanted to see this year. But I did get my hands on three of the books for £4.99, which was fabulous until I realised that there are four books, and this isn’t a trilogy…
Sherlock Collection – Surprisingly, this is one TV show I haven’t become obsessed with just yet, but I have a feeling I’d love it. I’ve never read the original Sherlock Holmes stories, so when I saw the original texts with these lush covers for just £3, I couldn’t resist.
The Captain’s Daughter – As always, I needed a filler or two to bring my basket over the threshold for free delivery, and when I spotted this little gem for £2 (in hardback!) I jumped on it. Anything to do with the Titanic will usually get my attention!
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight – I read and enjoyed Jennifer E Smith’s latest release, The Geography of You and Me, so when I spotted another of her books (again in hardback!) for £2, I had to pick it up.
Current Discount Codes:
- 15% off orders over £30 with discount code AFCRACKER
- 10% off orders over £20 with discount code AFSLEIGH
- Free Delivery with code AFGLISTEN
Movies and TV Shows:
I haven’t been well for a few days now (as you can probably tell by my absence on here) so at the weekend I basically stayed in bed and watched movies. I love Disney movies, but hadn’t seen Frozen until this weekend. The hype put me off for so long. I did enjoy it, but it didn’t quite live up to my expectations because the hype is phenomenal! I also watched Brave and a whole lot of House (thank you, Netflix!).
‘Wrappin’ It Up!
Posts I Bookmarked:
- Becky at A Fool’s Ingenuity asks can you reread a book as a book blogger?
- Rachel at Parajunkie dispels eight blogging myths
- Ashley at Nose Graze talks about 6 things you don’t need in your sidebar (oops)
- Readers In Wonderland post the results of the “How Do You Like Your Reviews?” poll
- Stefani at Caught Read Handed gives sage advice to newbie bloggers
- Merin at Read and Reviewed talks about TBR Lists
- Charnell at Reviews from a Bookworm discusses paperback vs hardback
- Amanda at Book Badger chats about buying books while saving money (I had a lot to say!)
- Julia at The Broke and The Bookish talks feminism, Barbie and engineering…
- Catriona at Through A Cat’s Eyes shares her school survival guide
- Kate at Fictional Thoughts shares 8 signs you might be a book addict
- Becca and Lisa at Lost In Lit tackle the dreaded reading slump (I’m in one, I feel your pain)
- Emily at Icy Cold Reads investigates “borrowed” and “stolen” elements of books
- Lauren at Bookmark Lit discusses her thoughts on book ratings and shares why she prefers YA to adult fiction
- Cathy at 746 Books remembers a time before Goodreads
- Author Shannon A Thompson tells us why insta-love isn’t instant
- Anne at Lovely Literature does a fantastic post on cat-calling
- A Kernel of Nonsense talks about emotional reading
I’ve had a really busy November, and I’ve been sick, and I’ve been in a reading slump – which has resulted in very little activity on the blog 😦 but I’m still here 🙂 and have posts scheduled for December. You guys though have been writing up a storm! I’ve included some of my favourite posts from November above, and as always, I’m linking to the latest Oh, The Books! weekly recap post so you can find more amazing things to read!
In Case You Missed It:
This month’s features included: an interview with Sci-Fi writer Ian Sales as part of Sci-Fi November, a guest post on Oh, The Books! about trying to break my book monogamy, and an interview with none other than the amazeballs Diane Chamberlain! Also, don’t forget about my EXCLUSIVE discount codes for Bookish Gifts from Etsy stores – let me know if you guys get anything!
My most popular post in November (except for TTT posts) was Exclusive Bookish Gift Discounts.
I haven’t read nearly as much as I wanted to this month, I ended up in a slump and I’ve been watching more TV… I’m really looking forward to doing more on the blog in December and scheduling in lots of posts while I’m off work. What did you get up to this month?