10 Books Already Released That Are On My Wishlist
This is a nightmare. A lot of books I want to read/own that are on my wishlist are already released due to my reading slump that lasted a couple of years throughout Uni, and publishers insisting on ruining my life by publishing faster than I can read. So, I’m picking ten books (relatively) at random that I don’t yet own from my TBR shelf on Goodreads…
- The (Im)Perfect Girlfriend by Lucy-Anne Holmes: I laughed-out-loud/snorted/laughed-through-tears when I read the first book (50 Ways to Find a Lover), so I need to find out what happens next. Think Bridget Jones, meets Sex and The City, meets a blogger.
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman: I’d heard good things about this book/duology but still wasn’t that interested. Then the movie was announced, and I heard even more good things, so now I need it.
- Collide by Gail McHugh: I first saw this when Laura @ She Loves to Read featured it in one of her YouTube videos and considering I’ve been on a NA/Romance binge for a little while, it sounded right up my street.
- The Shadowhunter’s Codex by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis: Everyone knows how much I love the Shadowhunter world, right? So, it makes sense I’d love to get my hands on a Codex, but I haven’t…yet.
- Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma: This has been getting rave reviews, even with the creepy/strange/controversial story-line, I definitely need to get my hands on it at some point!
- The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (AKA J K Rowling): I have to get around to finishing The Cuckoo’s Calling first, but I definitely need The Silkworm to add to my JK collection.
- Dissonance by Erica O’Rourke: I oogled the cover for the longest time, I liked the synopsis, then I heard great reviews. This is firmly on my bargain-hunting list for purchase.
- The Archived by Victoria Schwab: I’ve seen this everywhere. Initially, based on the cover, it probably isn’t something I’d have picked up, but I’ve heard nothing but good things about this series and Schwab’s writing.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer: I haven’t even started this series yet. I know. I’m a terrible blogger.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas: I know. I know.
9 Favorite Covers
This is another tricky one. I’m gonna cheat a little and link to my Top Ten Covers I’d Frame As A Piece of Art and my Top Ten Cover Trends I Love and Loathe. These took quite a bit of time to put together and a lot of my favourite covers are included in them.
8 Not-Yet-Released Books That I Can’t Wait For
- The King’s Curse by Philippa Gregory: This is the sixth and final book in The Cousins’ War series that I love. My Bookish-OCD will be very annoyed if they don’t release a TV show tie-in cover to match my set.
- Shopaholic to the Stars by Sophie Kinsella: Chick-lit at its finest.
- The Woman Who Stole My Life by Marian Keyes: Not usually a massive Keyes fan, but this looked intriguing…
- Daughter by Jane Shemilt: Another find through Laura @ She Loves To Read!
- Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult: Auto-buy author.
- Us by David Nicholls: He wrote One Day. Enough said.
- The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion: I didn’t love The Rosie Project, but I did enjoy it, so I’ll be reading the sequel (you can check out my full review of The Rosie Project here).
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas: I’m aware I’ll need to read the first two…
7 Auto-Buy Authors
- J K Rowling
- Jodi Picoult
- Diane Chamberlain
- Colleen Hoover
- Katie McGarry
- Cassandra Clare
- Lucy-Anne Holmes
6 Book Boyfriends
Just six?!? Are you kidding me?! I’ll just make a list and see how far I get – Ryan Stone from Dare You To, Noah Hutchins from Pushing the Limits, Trenton Maddox from Beautiful Oblivion, Ridge from Maybe Someday. Nathan Everets from Boys Like You and Henry DeTamble from The Time Traveler’s Wife.
5 Books You Recommend The Most
This is really tricky as it depends entirely on who I’m recommending them too, but in general the titles that escape my lips most often are: The Harry Potter series (obviously), We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver, Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover, Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult.
4 Books You Thought You’d Like But Didn’t
- Cuckoo Song by Frances Hardinge: This was highly anticipated, has great reviews on Goodreads, and a great cover… and I DNF’d it. I found the descriptions to be verbose and the pace to be lacking. Sorry, not sorry.
- Worst. Person. Ever by Douglas Coupland: This promised to be “razor-sharp” with “side-splittingly funny humour”. I DNF’d it.
- The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell: I love Sex and The City, though I’ve never read the original book. This promised so much and delivered so little, I gave it 2/5.
- Beautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuire: I fully expected to love this, and it just fell so short. I still gave it a 3/5 but it just wasn’t what I was expecting.
3 Books That Made You Cry
- The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult: Tears actually fell! That means something. I can tear up, but to actually blub??
- Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman: Persephone and Callum 4eva.
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: Let’s be honest, the nation needed Kleenex.
2 Books You Never Plan On Reading
I’d need to go out of my way to find these. Generally, I never say never. While there are some books out there I will never read they aren’t organised in a nice little list for me on Goodreads to look up…
1 Favorite Genre At The Moment
I always like a bit of paranormal and dystopia, but lately I’ve been reading a lot of New Adult, surprisingly!
- Laura @ She Loves to Read
- Leah @ Uncorked Thoughts
- Stormy @ Book. Blog. Bake
- Brandie @ Brandie is a Book Junkie
- Stefani @ Caught Read Handed
- Tara @ The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh!
- Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm
- Cait @ Notebook Sisters
However, I hate doing nominations, because I always feel I’m leaving so many of you out – so if you’re reading this, consider yourself nominated! Link me up to your responses below!
I love this! I’m behind on my posts…I still wanted to do the last one you nominated me for. I will have to work on this one this week.
I see some familiar books and authors and some I don’t know. Going to have to check them out!
Take your time with them! I like Q&A style posts, I tend to write them up and have them on stand-by to post when I’m behind on reviews etc. R x
I had time over my lunch break so I did up this Bookish Countdown post for tomorrow. 🙂
Yay!! Looking forward to seeing it!! R x
I LOVE THESE! Thanks for nominating me, will definitely be finding the time to do this one at some point! 🙂 🙂 🙂 I so hope you get Forbidden soon, would love to see what you end up making of that one. Jodi Picoult, Diane Chamberlain and Colleen Hoover are all on my auto-buy list too. Noughts and Crosses still makes me cry every single time I read it, the ending never changes haha.
Me and Joey are thinking of doing a (S)he Said review for it because it would make for a good discussion. It’s on my hit list along with gazillions of other books lol I feel like I’m playing a massive catchup at the minute from when I took a hiatus from reading. The ending should change! There should be an anniversary edition alternate ending!!!! Oh my word, I’d blub like a baby at that! I have my little hit-list now of people who I know like doing these too, so every time I do one expect to be tagged! Lol R x
[…] was nominated to take part in the Seven Deadly Sins Tag and the Bookish Countdown Survey, and I wrote a response to Rinn’s Book Buying Survey. I backed Ashley’s LitRate […]