Books I Bought:
The Infernal Devices Trilogy – After finishing up The Mortal Instruments series last month I needed a Shadowhunter fix. I’ve been told amazing things about this series, so I’m really looking forward to it, and I think it’s my first Steampunk novel.
Under the Never Sky Trilogy – This is a series that’s been on my radar for some time now, so I couldn’t resist picking up all three books for £5. Not sure when I’ll get to it, but for a fiver I couldn’t say no!
A Hundred Pieces of Me – I picked this up pretty cheap when I was doing my grocery shopping, as you do. I hadn’t heard or seen much about it, but the synopsis sold me and when I checked it out on Goodreads it was getting some amazing reviews.
I’ve been really good this month and haven’t requested any books for review so I can work through my outstanding review books and get stuck in to my TBR pile. I’m participating in two blog tours this month, and I’ve have been sent The Before Now and After Then by Peter Monn, who I’ll be featuring in Author Spotlight soon.
Books I Won:
I won two giveaways during Mental Health Awareness Month (June) that were hosted by Leah at Uncorked Thoughts and Ula at Blog of Erised – the prizes were a copy of Far From You by Tess Sharpe and a £10 giftcard for Amazon! 😀 Thanks, ladies!
Movies and TV Shows:
I finally got around to seeing The Fault in Our Stars in July! I enjoyed it but it didn’t blow me away. Maybe the hype monster had an effect on this one? I loved Isaac, I thought his scenes were mostly hilarious, and I thought overall the movie was a decent adaptation. I still haven’t seen Divergent, Maleficent or X-Men: Days of Future Past. If I don’t see them soon I’ll have to write them off and wait for the DVD.
Wrappin’ It Up!
Posts I Bookmarked:
- Writer Grrl Reads did a great post on sex scenes in fiction
- Epic Reads posted about Book Hangovers and how they are the worst!
- Feed Your Fiction Addiction wonders if insta-love can ever work
- Fictional Thoughts writes about never ending series
- Stormy at Book Blog Bake tells us why she side-eyes long books
- Kayla from A Thousand Lives chats about authors on her auto-buy list
- Jennifer did a great post on how you can tell when you’re reading NA
- Alma from Journey Through Fiction asks, how realistic do you like your fiction?
- Laura from She Loves To Read wrote an amazing piece on Body Confidence
- Elite Daily tells us why, scientifically, readers are the best people to fall in love with
- Rachel at Fiktshun wrote an excellent post on making a difference
These are some of my favourites from July, but as always I’ll link up the latest Oh, The Books! weekly recap post so you can find more amazing things to read!
In Case You Missed It:
This month’s features included: Mental Health Awareness Month Wrap-Up, Summer Bookish Deals and Discounts, Let’s Talk About Sex, Baby (#sexmeup readathon), Author Spotlight: Peter Monn Guest Post and my new feature Sharing the Bloggy Love #1
*Phew* – that was one busy month! My most popular post in July (apart from TTT posts) was Let’s Talk About Sex, Baby!
I can’t believe July is over already! I think August is going to be a busy month too on the blog, what have you been up to this month? Let me know in the comments!