Top Ten Characters on my Deserted Island Dream Team
Before I can make my selections, I need to determine if this is a ship-wrecked scenario that requires essential life-skills, or some form of a paradise island that would therefore require brawn and eye-candy. I think I’ll opt for both.
Here come the Girls!
1. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games: Do you think anyone won’t have this chick on their list today?? She’s handy with a bow and arrow, able to scale trees and run like the wind and she’s also pretty resourceful when she needs to be, Katniss is definitely someone you’d want around when you get stuck on a deserted island. And it would probably help that she’s technically been stuck on a deserted island once before.
2. Hermione Granger from Harry Potter: I could never put together a list of fictional characters I would want with me on a deserted island and not include my favourite fictional threesome, but especially Hermione. While Katniss can be kick-ass and all that, we wouldn’t actually have a lot in common, but put me on a deserted island with Granger and we’d have bookishly fabulous time. She’s practical, smart and stays cool in a crisis, and a spell or two from her would surely come in handy as well.
3. Isabelle Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments: Initially, I was surprised that I chose Isabelle over Clary, but I actually prefer book-Isabelle’s personality and no-nonsense attitude. She’s a Shadowhunter who is used to dealing with demons, vamps and things that go bump in the night, but she’s also very observant, excellent at strategy and would be able to keep everyone else in-check, while also figuring out a way to get us off the island. Then again, Clary could just make a portal…
4. Alice Cullen from Twilight: Yes, I’m mentioning the book everyone loves to hate. I was actually really fond of Alice’s character. Her future-gazing skills were always pretty impressive, she was a really loyal friend to Bella and of course she’s incredibly kick-ass and vengeful (in the last movie she was anyways…).
Let’s Hear it for the Boys!
This is basically a list of the book boyfriends I would happily be deserted with for a very long time…
5. Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries: I’m cheating a little with this one, as I’ve watched the show but haven’t read the books, so I’m basing this choice on TV-show-Damon. I just finished watching season 5 this week, and there are no words. I can only hope the writers get their act together for season 6 (which is soo long away!), or I will not be a happy camper! Damon is definitely swoon-worthy; all that passion, I’d happily take a trip to a deserted island with him.
6. Four from Divergent: Who didn’t get a little swoony over Four? He lost his appeal a little in Allegiant, but from the start of the series he was in charge, in control and took no prisoners. He would definitely be useful to have around on a deserted island, being brave and all, and if no one is in need of saving… well, he can stand there and look pretty.
7. Simon from The Mortal Instruments: I didn’t really crush on book-Simon. I just happen to love movie-Simon. However, both Simon’s are hilariously funny, very loyal and highly entertaining. The sarcasm, the wit, the comedic timing. Simon would make any time spent of a deserted island a-laugh-a-minute, and if that Simon happened to be Robert Sheehan, then I won’t be complaining either.
8. Edward Cullen from Twilight: OK, fine, I’ll admit it. I began running out of ideas with this one. In this case, book-Edward is preferred to movie-Edward in terms of personality. But for some reason Robert Pattinson (from some angles) still seems damn attractive. Even as a sparkly vampire. He’s got super strength and speed, and he can “breathe” underwater. Surely they’re good enough reasons to have him around?
9 & 10. Fred and George Weasley from Harry Potter: Mischief, jokes, games and entertainment would never be lacking with these two around. While they may not be there to oogle over (sorry to F&G fans!) they would definitely provide some much needed light relief from the stresses and strains of living it up on a deserted island.
Who are your top picks today? Did you do a theme? I struggled a bit with this one! Leave me a link to your TTT below 🙂