It CANNOT be time for a monthly wrap-up already?! Where has this month gone?! 2016 is going pretty well so far – I’m reading, I’m blogging (not quite as much as I want to, but hey, my slump has left me), I’m back in the fitness groove, work is going well. All in all, not a bad start to the year! Now, on to the good stuff!
This month my #OTSPSecretSister was revealed as the super-duper fabulous Dani from Dani Reviews Things! I’m going to do an #OTSPSecretSister wrap-up post shortly. I’m SO glad I took part in Round 3 because I’m not sure if Dani and I would have found each other without it <3. Go check out her blog and tweet her some love! Round 4 has started and I’ve got so many ideas for my new sister already, I can’t wait to spoil her.
I hadn’t bought myself any new books for AGES, but I received a £5 gift card for Amazon, which meant I ended up with £40 worth of books in my basket, makes sense right? I took advantage of their 3 for £10 offer and looked for books that are normally more pricey and managed to get 7 books for just under £20, including one for my new Secret Sister. Pictures will be in next month’s wrap-up, as they haven’t arrived yet!
Movies and TV Shows:
I’ve not had a lot of time to watch much in January, but I did start watching The Shadowhunters TV Show. I’m reserving judgement for now, as pilot seasons are never that great, even for the shows we now know and love. I’m hoping it gets a bit better, because to be honest, I really liked the movie!
Wrappin’ It Up!
- Laura @ Boats Against The Current shares a letter to her 16 year old self
- Cait @ Paper Fury says it’s OK to have a huge TBR pile, explains how to attack people with friendship on the Internet, ponders if it’s possible to read too much, and asks is book hype really that bad? (Cait was on a ROLL this month!)
- Trish @ Between My Lines shares her ARC tips for book bloggers, and discusses how to find balance
- Emily @ Paging Serenity explains why diversity is important
- Lindsey @ Bring My Books came up with the term #booknip and explains what it means
- Tara @ The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shhh! asks how much would you charge to review books?
- Jenny @ Jenny In Neverland shares 20 things that irritate her (I agree with lots of them!)
- Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense talks about the ugly side of book blogging
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction asks what type of YA character would you be?
- Christina @ A Reader of Fiction shares how to punch spoilers and hype in the face
In Case You Missed It:
Also this month, I reviewed my book-spend for 2016, signed up to the 2016 Discussion Challenge, completed the 2015 Book Survey, shared which Reading Challenges I’m doing for 2016, and took part in Top Ten Tuesday sharing my Blogging and Bookish Resolutions.
My most popular post/page in January was my Pop Sugar Reading Challenge.
How is your 2016 going so far? Let me know what you’ve been up to!