Top Ten Finished Series I Haven’t Started Yet
My To Be Read pile is overflowing – new books, old books, stand-alones, series, and pretty much every genre you could think of. When I first joined the Book Blog community, I fell victim to the curse that is “the catch up” – I’d been out of the reading loop for so long, and there were so many fantastic recommendations that I just had to have. Unsurprisingly many of those were series… and many of those were series in which the books were all already released. I’ve since discovered that this can be both a blessing, and a curse. It’s great when you don’t have to wait painstakingly for the next instalment, and you can binge-read the whole story in one go (even when that story is 6 books long and takes you 2 months to finish… *cough* The Mortal Instruments *cough*). However, it can also mean that you have piles of finished series staring at you guiltily from the corner of the room. Piles of them.
1. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: I hear mixed things about this series on a regular basis, mostly that Mafi’s writing is unique in an annoying but beautiful way, and that book one is the weakest of the trilogy (so stick with it). I adore the new covers for this series. Books owned: 1/3
2. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare: I’ve read all of The Mortal Instruments series (though I do wish I had’ve read these before reading books 5 and 6 of TMI, apparently that is the perfect reading order). I’m pretty sure I’ll love these, because Shadowhunters, and I really want to know what this Will-Tessa-Jem fiasco is all about. Books owned: 3/3
3. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi: I’ve heard such amazing things about this series, and I was so looking forward to them. I picked it up for the first time a few weeks ago, and a couple of chapters in it just wasn’t grabbing me, so I’ve set it aside for another day. Books owned: 3/3
4. All Soul’s Trilogy by Deborah Harkness: Having never heard of this series before, I was inspired to pick them up when the first two books were on offer for £3.85 in my local Tesco. A clever marketing ploy in anticipation for the release of book 3. It worked. An adult, paranormal romance? Sounds intriguing, right? Books owned: 3/3
5. The Violet Eden Chapters by Jessica Shirvington: I picked this series up on offer from The Works without realising I already owned a book by Shirvington for review (Between the Lives). I did enjoy her stand-alone, but I have been told this series is better. Some day I’ll get to sink my teeth into it. Books owned: 4/5
6. Percy Jackson and The Olympians by Rick Riordan: This may come as a surprise, but I’ve never read anything by Riordan. His books are often recommended to those who love Harry Potter, and vice versa, so why I’ve never read them is beyond me. Books owned: 1/5
7. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld: I picked this entire series up when I was going through a massive dystopian phase, and then promptly never got around to reading them. I hear mixed things about this series, but good things about Westerfeld in general. Books owned: 4/4
8. Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin: Another series I hear mixed things about, where people either seem to love it or hate it, and once again I was sucked in by those pretty covers. I don’t know much about this series, and I want to go into them pretty much blind, so no spoilers please! Books owned: 1/3
9. Bar Code by Suzanne Weyn: I first read book 1 in this series when I was about 14 – I absolutely adored it, and I still have my battered copy to prove it. Out of all the books I’ve culled over the years (my-precious-and-now-I-regret-it Jacqueline Wilson and Meg Cabot’s included), Bar Code was always kept. It was only recently I discovered that this is a trilogy, and even more recently I managed to get my hands on a copy of book 2. I feel a binge coming on. Books owned: 2/3
10. Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness: Today is all about the Book Geek confessions apparently, Ness is another author I haven’t read yet. *Runs away and hides*. I know, but I do own quite a few of his books, so it will happen, eventually. I think I should just hang my head in shame by this point, don’t you? Books owned: 3/3
What series made your lists today? Are there any on mine you would highly recommend? Let me know in the comments, and remember, no spoilers please!