Top Ten Favourite Authors New-To-Me In 2014
1. Sarah J Maas – Who isn’t in love with this woman right now? She gets the top spot because I never thought I would find a book or series that would even come close to giving me the feels, anticipation and excitement of Harry Potter, and she’s managed it. Bravo.
2. Colleen Hoover – It’s thanks to blogging that I discovered Maas and Hoover, and I am so, so grateful because I can’t remember what my reading-life was like before I found this funny and genuine woman. Her unique stories amaze and move me!
3. Lauren Oliver – While I had a few issues with the Delirium series, I completely fell in love with Oliver’s writing style, and more than that this girl knows how to make your heart break, and there’s a messed up kind of enjoyment in that.
5. Katie McGarry – I love the Pushing The Limits series (which is a nice YA/NA cross-over in my opinion). I do love a good romance with issues thrown in, and when NA became more sound, it became one of my favourite type of books to read. Win, win, win.
8. Jamie McGuire – Although Beautiful Disaster is quite the controversial read, I really enjoyed it, for me it was compulsive reading. Beautiful Oblivion didn’t quite hit the mark for me, but I want to try more by McGuire.
9. Shannon A Thompson – I go through genre-binges, where I’ll read and fall in love with one genre exclusively for a while, before becoming restless and switching it up. It had been quite a while since I’d found a paranormal read that grabbed me, and Thompson did this wonderfully with a new take on the genre.
10. Unknown! I’m planning to do quite a bit of reading before the end of the year (fingers crossed!) – so I’m being hopeful and leaving my 10th spot open. I’ve been in a slump lately and would LOVE to find another new favourite author for this year.
I’ve just realised these are all female – perhaps that’s something I need to look at for 2015…
What new and fabulous authors have you come across this year? Based on my Top Ten picks are there any you would recommend to me? Link me up to your list or let me know in the comments! Happy reading, Book Geeks!