I’m sure loads of you know by now that the very talented Ashley from Nose Graze is working hard to create something that all of us book-bloggers can only dream of, a truly social, interactive and (dare I say it?) attractive book-archive website!
For those of you who aren’t aware, I’m here to spread the word and encourage as many of you as possible to not only donate to the Kickstarter campaign (if you can) but to also get you sharing, liking and talking about potentially thee biggest thing to happen for us book-bloggers, and all the other book-lovers of the world.
I’ve been following the progress of the campaign quite closely, and I have to say I really hope this gets made as the thought of a modern, social and reader-centered site gets me very excited!
So, what do we know?
Ashley has a great introductory post that explains the inspiration behind her idea for a fresh and new book review/catalogue website.
She also took to Twitter, using the hashtag #litrate, to gather our thoughts and ideas for the site – we can all be involved in the creation of this site that is made by a fellow Book Geek, for all of the rest of us Book Geeks!
To help promote LitRate, and the Kickstarter campaign to fund it, Ashley contributed guest posts to many well-known blogs, and other bloggers had their say on the idea:
- LitRate: The next big thing in the reading world @ Nose Graze
- Free speech and bullying in reviews here @ Novel Heartbeat
- What it takes to create a book cataloguing site @ Phantasmic Reads
- Missions and policies @ On Starships and Dragonwings
- We need your help! @ Read.Sleep.Repeat
- You asked and LitRate is listening @ Fantasy is More Fun
- 5 reasons people aren’t happy with Goodreads @ Istyria Book Blog
- How LitRate can improve bookish discussions @ Once Upon a Chapter
- Creating a bookish business plan @ Pinkindle
- All about LitRate @ Heather Hearts Books
- Why you should help support LitRate @ Tempest Books
- A book cataloguing site controlled by YOU @ The Vulcan Post
- For book lovers, by book lovers @ What She Reads
- LitRate, potentially a new Goodreads @ Awesome Book Assessment
- A Goodreads alternative @ Spines and Covers
- Let’s be part of something amazing! @ Finley Jayne
Don’t forget to back the LitRate Kickstarter project! We need to make it to $16,000 by the end of the month (we are currently at 34% with only 14 days to go!) and every little bit helps! It’s going to be epic, so what are you waiting for?!