Top Ten Movies and TV Shows
I’m not just a Book Geek, I’m a pretty well-rounded Geek. I LOVE movies and TV Shows almost as much as I love to read, and this topic really needs to be split in two as I could make Top Ten lists for both movies and TV shows ten times over. When trying to put this list together I realised I could really use a Goodreads-style archive system for movies and TV shows too… so, this is the Top Ten that came into my head first as opposed to a list in any sort of order!
1. Dirty Dancing: Probably massively stereotypical, but I really don’t care. I LOVE Dirty Dancing, I love Johnny Castle. I can quote this entire movie and I love the soundtrack. It’s a movie I can re-watch over and over and I never get bored with it.
2. The Money Pit: An oldie but a goodie. This movie is guaranteed to make me laugh out loud and I’m a big fan of Tom Hanks in general. It’s definitely worth tracking this one down for a feel good flick.
3. The Matrix: This is one of my favourite movies, ever! The action, the fight scenes, the storyline. Love it!
4. Father of the Bride: Another one I love and adore! Steve Martin and Martin Short were hilarious in this movie, even the mention of “Franck” has me giggling.
5. Bad Boys: I love Will Smith movies, I’ve really never been let down by one. Will Smith and Martin Lawrence together, one of the best two-somes ever, with constant laughs!
6. Mary Poppins: This was one of my favourite movies when I was a kid, and I still enjoy re-watching it now. The songs, the dancing, the cartoons mixed with reality. Amazing!
7. The Harry Potter Movies: They weren’t perfect, but they were pretty damn good, and I got to see my beloved Hogwarts, Diagon Alley and favourite characters imagined in the flesh! Fabulous-ness!
8. X-Men Movies: There are a lot of superhero/superpower movies out there, but the X-Men ones are some of my favourites, and now with the prequels there’s even more reason to swoon.
9. Titanic: I can’t talk about this for too long. I still cry, every time. Jack Dawson. That is all.
10. Pretty Woman: Probably one of thee ultimate chick-flicks of all time.
1. One Tree Hill: A show I grew up with throughout my teens, and it’s stuck with me, I re-watch it every now and then from season 1. Naley forever!
2. Friends: Classic sitcom and possibly the best-loved show at all time! I wish this was still shown on terrestrial TV!
3. Charmed: Another show I loved during my teens that I re-watch occasionally. I went through a serious paranormal phase!
4. Sex and The City: Are words really necessary?! Bible.
5. The Big Bang Theory: Ahh, Sheldon. My love for your OCD-ways never fails to amaze me…
6. Orange is the New Black: I binge-watched both Season 1 and Season 2, Netflix ruins me!
7. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Another teen-addiction, I was basically just in love with Angel.
8. The Vampire Diaries: I really need to catch-up on this… Netflix only went to Season 4… And no, I’ve never read the books. Should I?
9. 90210: I vaguely remember watching the original when I was really young, but I got hooked into this show after a few episodes. Guilty pleasure. Oh, and I’m in love with Liam.
10. House: There are quite a few other shows I love, like detective/crime/hospital dramas, but this one stands out because of the dry sense of humour and the way the show is structured around finding the cure in each episode.
This list really could have went on for much longer, but I restricted myself! What are some of your favourite movies and TV shows?? I have quite an eclectic mix going on and this post has made me wish I had tons more time to re-watch them all!