Top Ten Bookish Items I Own or Want to Own
When it comes to bookish items there are so many I would love to have and if I had an infinite supply of money and space to keep them… it’ll be tricky to choose just ten but I’m going to kick this off with three items I own, then the rest are on my wishlist/radar:
1. Harry Potter Bracelet: This little beauty is handmade from Etsy. They ship worldwide and from memory the price was really reasonable. I love this. Anyone who is a HP fan knows the meaning of the symbols and if you’re not (well, you should be!) it just looks like a nice piece of jewelry.
2. Harry Potter Key-ring: There will likely be a theme in this list, I wonder if anyone can guess what it is?? Next up I recently bought a HP key-ring, because again it’s subtle but pretty meaningful…
3. The Hunger Games Key-ring: I went through a key-ring phase I think, but I couldn’t pass up this Mockingjay replica.
4. This completely adorable HP bookmark: There are a variety of different clay characters in this Etsy store, and apparently if you send photos of say you, your pet and your coffee mug, this store will turn you into a personalised mini clay bookmark. Amaze.
5. Geek Clothing: I’m cheating a little with this one as I’m throwing geek-related clothing into one (this probably also includes TV show and movie related clothing). I would just like more of this please and thanks. (HP Hoody and HG Vest).
6. Literary or bookish related prints: I’d never have enough wall-space, this is why I must pin all my bookish and geeky related quotes on Pinterest to satisfy the urge to own all the prints. I really love the idea of the last print – Spineless Classics are images made up of the entire book. I think they should branch out and do a more modern and popular series too though. (Book Drunkard, Spineless Classics)
7. Bookish related mugs: I love to drink coffee when I’m reading, the smell of books and coffee just go so well together, and I just love a good quote. (Pride and Prejudice Mug and Harry Potter Mug – I couldn’t find exactly the same one as the image).
8. Bookshelf Decor: I want to brighten up my new bookcase (when I actually get it) and love this large and heavy metal ampersand and letter cushion. (Update: I eventually purchased both of these – yay!).
9. Bookish Swag: I see people getting signed bookmarks, badges, buttons, knick-knacks etc. and think, “Where?? Where are they coming from?” You could even throw signed books into this category, just signed stuff.
10. Lord of the Rings Necklace: I haven’t read LOTR (yet), I haven’t even watched the LOTR movies, but this is pretty amazing. When I stumbled upon it I “ohhh’d” and “ahhh’d” over its prettiness. Want.
Link me up to your Top Ten lists so I can oogle at more things I’d like to own! 🙂