I’ve seen loads of videos on BookTube called “Non-Fiction November”, and I wondered where it came from. I did a little digging and it turns out that National Non-Fiction Day was started by The Federation of Children’s Book Groups, in partnership with Scholastic Children’s Books, as an annual celebration of non-fiction in the UK.
Traditionally, it is hosted every year on the first Thursday in November. However, somewhere along the way it became a month-long event, with BookTubers and Book Bloggers gatecrashing the party, turning it into a full-on nonfiction fest!
Today’s post is a list of 14 Non-Fiction Recommendations. So, if you’re a sometimes-nonfiction-reader, or someone who doesn’t tend to gravitate towards nonfiction, why not branch out this November and give these books a try?
Biographies and Memoirs
1. Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
2. The Life and Loves of a He Devil by Graham Norton
3. The Time of My Life by Patrick Swazye and Lisa Niemi Swazye
4. Reasons To Stay Alive by Matt Haig
5. The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan
6. Bad Feminist by Roxanne Gay
7. We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
8. The Good Psychopath’s Guide to Success by Dr Kevin Dutton and Andy McNabb
9. Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradbury
History & Politics
10. The Illuminati – The Counter Culture Revolution by Robert Howells
11. Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
12. Sapiens – A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
13. The Establishment by Owen Jones
14. A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
What nonfiction recommendations do you have? Share your favourites in the comments!