It’s June! The weather is glorious in Ireland at the minute, which rarely ever happens, and the mornings and evenings are so bright, I’m dreading winter coming in already! So, some big changes with me this month, I’ll be doing a full post about it shortly, but the up-shot is, I’ve become vegetarian! Any vegetarians or vegans reading this, feel free to leave me recipes and alternative recommendations in the comments!
It all started when I stumbled upon That Vegan Couple on YouTube, and from there I’ve watched documentaries (I recommend Cowspiracy on Netflix, and activist Gary Yourofsky’s speech), other vegan’s videos, read up on research, and very quickly it didn’t feel like I was “choosing” not to eat meat, it just felt like the right and natural thing to do. I’ll go into much more detail in a dedicated post soon.
This month my #otspsecretsister spoiled me and brought a HUGE smile to my face with the Mary Poppins Funko, and the ACOTAR print. I was reading ACOMAF when I received the package, and had fallen head over heels for the series, so very appropriate! I didn’t buy any other books this month! But I did pre-order Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas, as Waterstones are offering signed pre-orders!
Movies and TV Shows:
I had an exam this month, so I spent 3 days off work revising, and binge-watching Gilmore Girls in the background. That’s all I can remember seeing this month. Now it’s out of the way though, hopefully there will be more time for movies and reading ❤
Wrappin’ It Up!
- Nazahet @ Read Diverse Books is no longer reading books written before the 20th century.
- Cait @ Paper Fury shares why you should start a book blog, tells us what happens when you read too many books, and asks do we need books without discrimination?
- Jenny @ Jenny in Neverland discusses the face of mental illness and shares 20 honest thoughts she’s had as a blogger.
- Brittany @ The Book Addict’s Guide discusses book slumps and shares her reflections after four years of blogging!
- Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction asks do author bios ever make you want to read the book?
- Sarah @ Kerosene Lit shares 10 bookish moments that make her heart beat faster.
- Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner tells us what it’s like to read Harry Potter for the first time at 30!
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current shares her likes and dislikes in YA heroines.
- Ceilidh @ Bibliodaze discusses integrity and marketability.
- Nereyda @ Nick & Nereyda’s Infinite Booklist ask do you ever second-guess your negative reviews?
- Samantha @ Spines & Covers talks about marketing books “like” other books.
- Christina @ My Tiny Obsessions asks do buddy reads influence your opinion of a book?
- Amber @ The Mile Long Bookshelf shares 102 (mostly) YA recommendations.
In Case You Missed It:
This month I reviewed Life on the Refrigerator Door (3/5)… and that’s it! My excuse is I had an exam to revise for, but I’m hoping I’ll get more reviews up in June. I have loads to write for books I’ve read already!
Can you believe we’re almost half-way through the year?! What did you get up to in May? Let me know in the comments!