Top Ten Books I Want To Reread
I don’t reread half as much as I used to pre-blogging, and I definitely don’t reread as much as I would like. I’m thinking I might get the chance to do some rereading towards the end of this year and over the Christmas holidays, as I’ll be taking a full 2 weeks off work. Bliss!
1. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger – I am so overdue a reread of this book, it’s not even funny. It’s a bit of a chunky read, but I’ve always loved it, and I really enjoyed the movie adaptation too. Hopeful that my opinion of this one won’t have changed too much over the years.
2. Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas – I recently bought all of the released books in this series, and I haven’t even finished my first read of them yet, but I already know I’m going to want to reread this one. I’m currently just over halfway through The Assassin’s Blade, but you can check out my 5* review of Throne of Glass.
3. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover – I need to get my hands on more of CoHo’s backlist, but I wouldn’t mind rereading either Maybe Someday or Ugly Love to really get me in the CoHo mood for the release of Confess in the new year! Check out my review of Maybe Someday.
4. Minutes Before Sunset by Shannon A Thompson – I have the second book in this series waiting to be read, but I want to go back and reread this one first to make sure I’m fully clued in to the plot, because I remember when I got to the end of this book I was a little mind-blown. Check out my review of Minutes Before Sunset.
5. We Need To Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver – Are you sick of me recommending this book? I push it on everyone, and it’s one of my favourite books ever, and I’m in desperate need of a reread.
6. The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins – I read the three of these books in four days when I first got my hands on them just over a year ago, but I haven’t read them since and want to refresh myself before the next movie…
7. The Cousins’ War series by Phillipa Gregory – I eagerly anticipated the last book in this series, and bought it for an absolute steal in hardcopy from The Book People. But of course, I haven’t got to it yet… I think I want to reread the first five books before finishing the series off.
8. Fifty Shades of Grey series by E L James – Ohhh, I know. I can just feel the judgement. I read these books in 2012 and I’m not ashamed to say I enjoyed them. I really want to read them again before I go see the movie. Interested to see what I make of them second time around…
9. PS I Love You by Cecelia Ahern – I first read this book when I was around 16, and it made me bawl like a baby, I loved it. I met Cecelia Ahern at a book signing for If You Could See Me Now, but being a newbie to signings I didn’t realise you could bring books you already owned to be signed too. A couple of years later this was turned into (an OK) movie, and I’m raging I never got my copy signed.
10. Harry Potter series by J K Rowling – When I was younger I easily read this series once per year, but I haven’t gotten around to it for a little while. Surely, there’s nothing better over the Christmas season than cosying up with Harry and friends, and marathoning the movies?
What books do you really want to reread? Do you reread often, or has blogging took over? Link me up or let me know in the comments! Happy reading, Book Geeks!