Happy Halloween to all of my fellow bloggers, readers, and Book Geeks!
Books I Bought:
I picked up The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell. I haven’t read any Mitchell yet, though Cloud Atlas is on my to-do list. I walked past The Bone Clocks every week when doing my grocery shopping, and eventually I just couldn’t say “no” any longer, because that cover kept calling to me!
Books for Review:
I received We’re All Mad Here by Leigh Raines, from Pen Name Publishing, the same publisher that brought us The Before Now And After Then, so I’m expecting great things from this one! I also received Who R U Really? by Margo Kelly. Finally, Ian Sales was kind enough to provide me with copies of the three novellas currently released in The Apollo Quartet. I’m interviewing Ian as part on Sci-Fi November, and thought I should get-to-grips with his writing first!
Movies and TV Shows:
There are no new additions this month. Been catching up with some TV in-between working and freelancing, this month has been crazy-hectic, especially this last week. But I’m looking forward to cosying up with some great shows and movies in the run-up to Christmas!
‘Wrappin’ It Up!
Posts I Bookmarked:
- Brittany @ The Book Addict’s Guide wrote a fab post on YA reads with a male POV
- Author Shannon A Thompson tells us why parents are dead in fiction
- Kelsey @ Verbosity Book Reviews shares a funny post called If Books Had Warning Labels
- Claire @ Bitches With Books discusses Digital Vs Paper Vs Hardback
- Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner shares why she likes re-reading, in theory
- Alex Bracken offers advice on how to handle criticism as an author
- Nereyda @ Mostly Book Obsessed put together a great TTT on bookish-inspired Halloween costumes
- Joy @ Joyous Reads wrote a gorgeous post on the stories behind used books
- Cait @ The Notebook Sisters shares a great post on the ten types of Book Blogger
- I shared this last month too, but just want to remind everyone that Mel @ A Bit of Mel Time posted about a scheme called Post Pals, making sure under-privileged children still have a great Christmas. Please take the time to check it out and sign-up if you can!
These are some of my favourites from October, but as always I’ll link up the latest Oh, The Books! weekly recap post so you can find more amazing things to read!
In Case You Missed It:
I had a very slow reading month! You can check out my reviews of Delirium (4/5) and Pandemonium (4.5/5). I also read Requiem (3/5) and Life After Life (4/5) this month, but haven’t had the chance to write the reviews yet.
This month’s features included: an intro to Sci-Fi November on Confessions of a Book Geek, a Guest Post by Author C D Gorri on writing paranormal fiction, my response to the Kathleen Hale incident and a rant on When You’re Ashamed of What You’re Reading.
I shared the cover (and fangirled!) for Colleen Hoover’s latest book Confess, as well as the new cover reveal for Peter Monn’s The Before Now and After Then. I also took part in Ula’s Ominous October by sharing book recommendations for scaredy cats.
My most popular post in October (apart from TTT posts) was When An Author Stalks You…
This was such a busy month, I really need to sort out my scheduling for the month ahead this weekend, and write up my reviews for the other books I managed to read this month. How was your October?