Top Ten Books I Can’t Wait To Read (But Don’t Own Yet)
I’ve spent some time in the last week or so sorting through my Goodreads shelves, separating my “wishlist” reads, from the “I’m thinking about reading them” reads and the “I own them and need to read them” reads. It’s made my TBR look and feel much more manageable. This week’s TTT comes to you from my “wishlist” shelf.
1. If I Stay by Gayle Forman: With the movie being released in the UK really soon, I should have been on this one much quicker. I might need to wait for the DVD release at this rate, because this is one I definitely want to read first. I’ll admit it though, I’m afraid of the hype.
2. Ten Tiny Breaths by K A Tucker: This has been on my radar for some time now. Generally, I love all of the covers, and it has been getting really good reviews from bloggers I trust. I need to get on this series! Is it all released yet??
3. Dissonance by Erica O’Rourke: Can we just take a second to drool over that cover? OK, I’m good now. Parallel universes, Walkers, echos, every choice you make has consequences and you can see how these play out? Yes please, and then some.
4. Uglies by Scott Westerfield: We’re more body and beauty obsessed than ever, so I think this could be a really interesting take, the fact it is written by a (very popular) male author has not gone unnoticed, I don’t think I read enough by male authors…
5. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin: I have been wanting to read this series forever! It’s only a trilogy, right? Because I
want need to binge-read it, and I don’t think I can wait much longer, and I can’t cope if it ends up being 6 books long. Also, I’m in love with those covers.
6. Cinder by Marissa Myer: I feel like the last blogger to the party with this one, I haven’t heard any negative reviews and it’s one I’ve been wanting to read for a while, but again, I like to binge-read my series. I don’t have much patience, and I don’t have the time to reread when a new installment is released! Argh, the frustration!
7. The Maze Runner by James Dashner: I know, I know. You can officially disown me now! Another book with a film adaptation due very soon. But until I saw the movie trailer, I wasn’t dying to get my hands on this book. Now, it looks pretty epic.
8. The Sea of Tranquillity by Katja Millay: This has such a high rating on Goodreads, and I’ve only ever heard people say how brilliant it is and how beautiful the writing is. I know I’ll read this at some point. It’s a must.
9. The Archived by Victoria Schwab: Based on the covers of Schwab’s books, these aren’t reads I would normally go for, but I’ve seen her name crop up on BookTube regularly, and I’ve only heard great things about the Archived books and also Vicious. I thought this was a duology, but looks like there’s a book three on the horizon. Yay, for more series… *sarcasm*
10. The Entire CoHo Backlist! I’m on a real contemporary/romance/NA kick at the minute, and having read and reviewed both Maybe Someday and Ugly Love, I’m ready to commit to the rest of Hoover’s books anyyy time now. I have Hopeless and Losing Hope on standby in my online shopping basket…
Have Your Say:
Last week’s TTT poll can be found here. The winner from last week is Throne of Glass! But it was a close call, with Stephanie Perkins just coming in second! I’ve read The Perks of Being a Wallflower (and watched the movie – brownie points!), so will have my review up for it this week.
Has your favourite book made my list of reads I’m looking forward to? Do you think I’ll really enjoy one of the books mentioned and should pick it up sooner rather than later?
Let me know by voting in the poll below! You can pick your top 3 from my list, and voting is open for one week. I’ll read and review the book that comes out on-top in the month of September – so get voting!