I’m definitely not a Grinch, but I’m not right up there with the biggest Christmas lovers either. My tree will not go up until one week before Christmas (if it goes up at all, we didn’t quite make it last year! Oops!), and while I love buying gifts for other people, I do set a budget and don’t go crazy. There are so many aspects of Christmas that I love – the sparkly fairy lights, wearing knits in the crisp air, the festivities (aka drinks and nibbles with family and friends every weekend in the month leading up to Christmas!), staff Christmas nights out, Christmas movies being on TV (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, anyone?) secret Santa presents, prawn cocktail, the perfect combination of turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce… I could go on.
As a Book Geek, I’ve spotted a trend recently where some people have specific “Christmas reads”. Winter falls upon us and suddenly some readers just want books that are set at Christmas time, books that feature cosy mysteries, books that have festive romances. I’m not one of those people. My literary choices are rarely inspired by the seasons. I am, however, addicted to Christmas music. I love the feeling of absolute cheer it gives me, I love when everyone sings along very loudly in the pub, and I LOVE the nostalgia I feel when I hear these songs and the memories they evoke. So, today I’m bringing you my absolute favourite Christmas tunes. Hit play and turn them up!!
1. Mariah Carey – All I Want For Christmas (My fave Christmas tune!)
2. Mariah Carey – Miss You Most
3. The Pogues – Fairytale of New York
4. Chris Rea – Driving Home For Christmas
5. Wham! – Last Christmas
6. Wizzard – I Wish It Could Be Christmas
7. Slade – Merry Christmas Everybody
8. Bing Crosby – White Christmas
9. Frank Sinatra – Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
10. Perry Como – Winter Wonderland
11. Michael Buble – It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas
12. Britney Spears – My Only Wish This Year
13. Christina Aguilera – The Christmas Song
14. Kelly Clarkson – Underneath the Tree
15. Justin Bieber – Mistletoe
16. Arianna Grande – Santa Tell Me
17. Christina Aguilera – This Christmas
18. Band Aid 30 – Do They Know It’s Christmas?
19. Idina Menzel and Michael Buble – Baby It’s Cold Outside
20. Elmo and Patsy – Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer
What are some of your favourite Christmas tunes? Leave me links in the comments! Are any of my favourites new to you??