Ten Nine Books I Own I Can’t Believe I Haven’t Read Yet
I’ve done the Top Ten Classics You Won’t Believe I Haven’t Read Yet and a few other topics that feel similar to this week’s topic, so I’m going to do the Top Ten books I already own that everyone else seems to have read except me, and you can tell me which one/s I should read first!
1. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi – It feels like everyone has read this series. It gets some mixed reviews, but I love those covers, and the premise sounds interesting, so I’m still excited to get to it.
2. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare – I really liked the Mortal Instruments series, and it seems as though everyone prefers this one, so I’ve no idea why I’m not on this already. I confess – I started it but got bored. I’d just finished City of Heavenly Fire and went straight into it. I think it was too much Shadowhunter in one dose.
3. A Game of Thrones by George R R Martin – I’m in a vicious cycle with this one. I won’t watch the TV Show everyone loves because I haven’t read the books yet. But the books are ginormous so I keep putting off reading them. Even though I own all 7 of them… *ahem* moving on…
4. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey – I got this pretty recently, so I don’t think it’s too bad that I haven’t read this yet, but the hype is putting me off. I don’t want to read it until the hype dies down a little because I don’t think it’ll meet my sky-high expectations.
5. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi – Another instance where I own the whole trilogy (got a great deal on this one!), and I hear nothing but great things about this series, but I just haven’t picked them up yet!
6. The Cuckoo’s Calling by JK Rowling – I don’t even bother saying Robert Galbraith, secret’s out of the bag by now! I got halfway through this one, and I was enjoying it, but I got distracted and didn’t pick it up again. I got it when it first came out, and picked up book #2 The Silkworm this week. I should probably get on to this soon!
7. The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness – I still haven’t read any Ness yet, but I own 4 of his books, so I’m nearly there! Everyone talks about this series, everyone loves it. I own it. Now all I have to do it read it!
8. What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty – Moriarty seems to have gained a lot of popularity since I picked this book up (…almost a year ago…), and everyone seems to really enjoy this read. I need to get to this one, and her other release, The Husband’s Secret.
9. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness – As far as I know, this is an Adult Fantasy series. I got the first two books on a great deal just before the third book’s release date. I haven’t picked up the third book yet, but then I haven’t read the first two either.
Which read do you think I should make a priority to read soon? What books did you pick today? Let me know in the comments!